Eco-Education Coaching for Teachers
We are nearing the final stage of a pilot program of environmental education capacity-building for teachers in the Ottawa area. The program is developed and offered in partnership with SEED Educators and CanaDiana UnlimiTed Environmental Education.
Free Environmental Education Workshops for Teachers
We are offering free environmental education workshops for Ottawa educators, on three themes:
- It’s Easy Being Green – Incorporating Eco-Education
- This workshop focuses on easily finding and utilizing great eco-education resources
- How To Be Green – Curriculum and Environmental Themes
- This workshop focuses on connecting curriculum links with environmental education themes
- Why To Be Green – Perspectives on Environmental Education
- This workshop focuses on rationale for outdoor and environmental education and ideas for beginning
- Optional version: Ecology and Theology – Teaching Environmental Education in a Faith-Based Context (for separate and private schools)
Ongoing Eco-Education Coaching
Our professional environmental educators have been working one-on-one with several teachers in Ottawa over the course of the school year to build their confidence and capacity for incorporating environmental education within their classrooms. The teams include teacher candidates from the Bachelor of Education program at the University of Ottawa. Both established teachers and emerging educators will learn how to easily and regularly implement ecological stewardship and sustainability education in an ongoing manner.
We will also be offering professional development workshops for teaching staff teams at schools throughout Ottawa on the topics of valuing environmental education, eco-education resources, and hands-on environmental learning for public and Catholic schools.
To learn more or to book a workshop for your school, contact Laura Leet at email@example.com or Diana Brushey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank the Community Foundation of Ottawa for funding this program.
Past events: Free Environmental Education Workshop Saturday, May 30th: “How to be Green!”
RSVP required, Childcare included.
Connecting Curriculum Links to Environmental Education Themes PLUS Tour of Macoun Marsh Outdoor Classroom